ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Site Error: Unable to Load Site Preferences; No Preferences Found

July 10, 2010 4:05am

Subscribe [2]
  • #1 / Jul 10, 2010 4:05am

michiko23

8 posts

http://madewithbacon.com/
    EE 1.6.7

I don’t know when this started happening, but I can’t access the homepage nor the admin side of this site. I checked database name, server, password, user and everything seems to be correct.

Anybody know why this would happen?

-m

• #2 / Jul 10, 2010 2:54pm

Greg Salt

3988 posts

Hi michiko23,

I don’t see any error at all, just a blank screen. This suggests that there is a PHP error. Can you please edit the index.php file and change:

error_reporting(0);

to this:

error_reporting(E_ALL);

That should show us whether there are any PHP errors on the front end of the site.

Cheers

Greg

• #3 / Jul 10, 2010 3:22pm

michiko23

8 posts

Hey Greg,
    Thanks for getting back to me. I was working on the problem this morning. That’s why you didn’t see the error message.

What I did figure out is, for some reason, the exp_sites table was completely empty in the database. I don’t know why that would have happened. Fortunately, I had a back up from a long time ago and I was able to insert the data and now it’s working fine. How it disappeared in the first place, I don’t know. This is site is on Super Green Hosting which is probably a part of the problem.

Thanks for your reply.

-m

• #4 / Jul 10, 2010 4:59pm

Greg Salt

3988 posts

Hi michiko23,

Okay, glad that you’re up and running. Please post back if you have further problems or questions.

Cheers

Greg

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases