ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Error 139 - Too Many Custom Fields

May 11, 2010 9:35pm

Subscribe [2]
  • #1 / May 11, 2010 9:35pm

J. Hull

132 posts

I just got my first Error 1030: Got error 139 from storage engine MySQL error.

I’m guessing this is because I have too many custom fields.

This is a single site installation, 6 channels, 75 custom fields total.  The breakdown in custom fields is (per channel) 2, 9, 3, 2, 59.  That last one I actually need to have ALOT more custom fields and is the one that is currently failing.

I may need to rethink how I have everything organized - is there a maximum number of custom fields/weblogs that I can work towards?

Thank you.

• #2 / May 11, 2010 9:37pm

Lisa Wess

20502 posts

Hi, J. Hull - 75 custom fields shouldn’t be causing you any issues. What version and build of EE are you on, and what extensions are you running?

• #3 / May 11, 2010 9:41pm

J. Hull

132 posts

EE v2.0.1pb01 build 20100121

No extensions (yet).

• #4 / May 11, 2010 9:43pm

Lisa Wess

20502 posts

Moved to the appropriate forum.

Was this an upgrade or a fresh installation of 2.0?

And is your database running in MyISAM or InnoDB?

What kinds of fieldtypes are you utilizing?

And lastly - I need you to upgrade to 2.0.2 before we troubleshoot further.

Edit to Add: What version of MySQL and PHP are you running?

• #5 / Jun 18, 2010 1:57pm

J. Hull

132 posts

Sry for the long delay - finally got everything set up locally and database transferred over - running on the latest version of MAMP PRO and the latest EE 2.0.2.  Everything seems to be working fine now, so I’m thinking it might have been some combination of the Windows/MySQL box I was running the online install on.

Just to be sure before I go forward though - is there a maximum amount of custom fields I can have per channel?  These are a mix of text and text area, some field frame images, but more so the text fields.  Eventually I need this channel to have 200+ custom fields and before I go through all the work of putting them in there I want to make sure there won’t be an issue.

• #6 / Jun 18, 2010 2:26pm

Lisa Wess

20502 posts

There is ultimately a limit, somewhat based on environment, for number of custom fields in the entire installation (not per channel, and not coded by us).  It should be well above 200 custom fields though.

• #7 / Jul 18, 2010 12:31am

J. Hull

132 posts

I was wrong - this error still exists:

A Database Error Occurred
    Error Number: 1030

Got error 139 from storage engine

This happens when I try and submit field #47 - the first 46 are saved without error.

To answer your questions from before:

EE v2.0.2pb01 fresh install (no upgrade)
    running on MAMP/local server
    MySQL: 5.1.44
    PHP vers: 5.2.13
    looks like most of the database is InnoDB, exp_cp_search_index is MyISAM, as is exp_pages_configuration
    fieldtypes - alternating SELECT DROPDOWN and TEXTAREA

• #8 / Jul 18, 2010 12:41am

J. Hull

132 posts

More research into this - this DB was originally created on a Windows box that I think forced the InnoDB.  From another install of EE, it seems like all the tables are in MyISAM which I imagine gets rid of the error I am having.

Is there an easy way to convert the table from InnoDB to MyISAM (crosses fingers…)

• #9 / Jul 18, 2010 4:02am

J. Hull

132 posts

Resolved - for now - converted tables from InnoDB to MyISAM and now the error does not appear.

For those following along, it’s a simple matter of selecting each table one by one in the left hand column of phpmyadmin, selection operations tab, and then changing the storage engine to MyISAM.

• #10 / Jul 18, 2010 4:33pm

Brandon Jones

5500 posts

Hi J. Hull,

That’s indeed the best option. Glad you were able to work this out!

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases