ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

PHP Thumb alternative

July 14, 2008 11:24am

Subscribe [1]
  • #1 / Jul 14, 2008 11:24am

hothousegraphix

851 posts

Sometime ago I stumbled across Smart Image Resizer; an alternative to PHPthumb (which I sometimes have problems with not caching the images it creates).

Last evening was the first time I have had an opportunity to try this new script out but I’ve been unsuccessful in getting it to function.

I am wondering if anyone else has tried this and had success?

I’ve installed the script on my server and established a “imagecache” directory with the proper permissions as is indicated in the (somewhat limited) directions. I’ve followed the suggested syntax and all I seem to get is an error:

Error no image was specified

except for the fact the image does exist.

I’m not sure if this matters but I’m on a VPS working with the IP rather than the domain (but all my paths reflect this)...or…maybe I’m just missing a very basic step?

Anyone ever use this?

• #2 / Jul 14, 2008 2:28pm

hothousegraphix

851 posts

Just to answer my question, after exchanging info with one of the authors, it seems the script has a minimum requirement of php 5.1 on up. This is now stated on the site as a requirement but it wasn’t yesterday - ha.

Anyway, needless to say, my VPS is not running 5.0 yet…so, I’ll have to wait.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases