ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

4/9–25 | Advanced ExpressionEngine 2 Online Training

December 13, 2010 6:23pm

Subscribe [6]
  • #1 / Dec 13, 2010 6:23pm

ejaedesign

240 posts

$499 | 6 Sessions | Apr 9–25 | Mon & Wed | 7:00pm–9:00pm EDT

NEW for April: Receive a free copy of BoldMinded’s Wyvern WYSIWYG fieldtype add-on!

Ready to build sophisticated, best-practice, high-five inducing ExpressionEngine sites?

Then consider joining us for the Advanced ExpressionEngine 2 course. Geared towards professionals and DIYers already familiar with the basics of EE, this course will tackle a series of advanced and complex techniques and tactics, with our famous “industry-strength” tips and tricks to get you along the way.

Either as a follow-up course for the ExpressionEngine 2 for Beginners or as a standalone, this intermediate to advanced level sessions will cover:

* Optimal server setup & performance tweaks
    * Sophisticated Playa & Matrix implementations
    * Creating a multi-level calendar and event management functionality
    * Adding advanced jQuery effects
    * Step-by-step multi-domain page and load optimization
    * Building a filterable Google Map application
    * Adding and theming Forums
    * Implementing Multi-site Manager extension
    * Advanced conditionals and embedded templates techniques
    * And more!

Each lesson is recorded, and available as a downloadable video for unlimited reviews. 

The aim is to give you an advanced skillset to build an even more sophisticated and functional ExpressionEngine site for your own projects or your clients, with behind-the-scenes examples and clear, step-by-step explanations that we’re known for.

» Register or read more

Special Promotions

Everyone who registers for the class will also receive the following:

NEW! Wyvern
    * A free copy of the Wyvern WYSIWYG add-on ($25 value)

DataGrab
    A free non-commercial license of DataGrab data import add-on

Safe Harbor
    50% off standalone version of EEHarbor’s Safe Harbor EE site backup add-on ($20 value)

intoEEtive
    Buy any 1 add-on from intoEEtive and receive 50% off regular price

A big thanks to Andrew at BrandNewBox, Tom at EEHarbor, Yuri at intoEEtive, and our newest sponsor Brian at BoldMinded for sponsoring the promotions!

What former students are saying about Creat-ee classes

“You couldn’t ask for more as a turbo-driven boost to reaching a professional level in Expression Engine.” - Meredith

“I’ve learned so much in the class it’s amazing.  Not only do you learn the technical aspects of Expression Engine but you learn best practices and development tips that are priceless.” - Brooke

“What sets this class apart is Jae’s extensive industry knowledge and experience combined with natural teaching ability and enthusiasm.” - Rob

“Never taking an online course before, I was hesitant, but after taking Jae’s class. I wouldn’t blink on doing it again. Jae’s personality is extremely enthusiastic and caring of his students.” - Kalyn

See more testimonials here.

Who is the course for?

Although registration is open to everyone, the course will most benefit professionals and DIYers already familiar with EE and would like to advance his or her skill set.

Who’s teaching the course?

All classes are taught by Jae Barclay of ejaeDesign LLC. For the past 14 years, Jae has worked with some of the top brands and agencies here and abroad including Samsung, BBC America, Yahoo!, and Estee Lauder. And for the past 4+ years, Jae and his team designed and built over twenty EE-driven sites for large enterprise-level clients as well as growing small businesses, startups, and non-profit organizations as a proud member of the EE Pro Network.

Jae is also a passionate and lifelong educator, both as a former Professor of Graphic & Interactive Design at the School of Art & Design at Alfred University, and organizer of free Meetups for small business owners in New York City called “Launching Your Website: Getting on the Right Track.

Ready to take the next step?

Register or find out more by visiting our course page at http://www.creat-ee.com/classes/more/advanced_expressionengine_2/, or just .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) if you have more questions!

Looking for EE class for beginners?

Take a look at our companion course ExpressionEngine 2 for Beginners, geared towards those new to EE.

• #2 / Feb 24, 2011 10:30am

ejaedesign

240 posts

We’re thrilled to announce our next Advanced ExpressionEngine 2.0 Live & Online course. If you missed the just-completed February class, join us in April to take your EE skillset to the next level!

• #3 / Apr 11, 2011 7:02am

ejaedesign

240 posts

Registrations are now open for Advanced ExpressionEngine 2.0 course for June (from 6th through 29th.) Our expanded curriculum now includes:

* Integrating enterprise-level video & ad network systems like Brightcove or Kaltura
    * HTML5 normalization & boilerplating
    * Advanced membership setup with custom profiles and working with Safecracker
    * Custom config file options for multi-server deployment

and more! Seats are limited, so make sure to reserve your spot today: http://www.creat-ee.com/classes/more/advanced_expressionengine_2.0

• #4 / Jun 07, 2011 2:59am

ejaedesign

240 posts

Thanks to everyone who’ve made this class one of the most enjoyable and rewarding. I’m also happy to announce our July class, now ready for registration.

We’ve now included advanced field setup, benchmark & performance checks, advanced conditionals, and more to our curriculum.

Email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) or call at 646 290 5886 for any questions. To register or to read more about our class, simply visit:

http://www.creat-ee.com/classes/more/advanced_expressionengine_2.0

Thanks!

• #5 / Jun 08, 2011 11:25am

I will be looking forward to this event. Thanks a lot.

• #6 / Jul 07, 2011 4:58am

ejaedesign

240 posts

Our Advanced ExpressionEngine 2.0 for August is now open for registration!

Join us for intensive sessions on advanced membership setup, best-practice optimization techniques & benchmarking, multi-layered calendar setup and more.

As always email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) for any questions. Thanks!

• #7 / Jul 16, 2011 3:52am

BedbugsHallwell

1 posts

I also want to join this event… please tell me..how can i participate…thanks…

Bed Bug pictures

• #8 / Aug 08, 2011 11:47am

ejaedesign

240 posts

Starts tonight!

Join us for our Advanced ExpressionEngine 2.0 class that some students have called it the “best training investment” they’ve ever made.

Find out more here: http://www.creat-ee.com/classes/more/advanced_expressionengine_2.0

Thanks!

• #9 / Aug 10, 2011 4:29pm

ejaedesign

240 posts

Did you miss our August class? Then be sure to register for our special Fall “Advanced ExpressionEngine 2.0” course, held from Sep. 12 through Oct 5.

Have questions? Email us at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) to get in touch with us. Hope to see you online!

• #10 / Sep 13, 2011 5:56pm

ejaedesign

240 posts

If you were interested in our course but couldn’t make the evening times, this is your perfect chance. Moving forward, we’ve shifted the class times to between 3:30pm and 5:30pm EDT.

Find out more at our class page (http://www.creat-ee.com/classes/more/advanced_expressionengine_2.0), and we’ll see you online!

• #11 / Oct 03, 2011 1:28pm

ejaedesign

240 posts

Our Advanced ExpressionEngine 2.0 course starts next week. Don’t forget our new class times (from 3:30pm to 5:30pm EDT) as well!

• #12 / Oct 12, 2011 12:45am

ejaedesign

240 posts

Save $100 off regular registration fee with our special “xmas” promotional code! (Valid until 12/12).

• #13 / Nov 16, 2011 12:55pm

liubinasb

2 posts

True science teaches, above all, to doubt and be ignorant.

• #14 / Nov 30, 2011 1:57am

dofdiamond

1 posts

I also want to join this event… but i want to join in around September there is anything please tell me..how can i participate…thanks…

• #15 / Nov 30, 2011 3:29pm

adamEEman

29 posts

What other dates are offered? Thanks.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases