ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

File Manager 2.2.2 not working

September 27, 2011 7:24pm

Subscribe [2]
  • #1 / Sep 27, 2011 7:24pm

khowe

12 posts

This question may be related to a resolved thread on file uploading issues in EE 2.2.

I am having this issue as well with every install of EE 2.2.2 I have on my server. I have tried all the fixes listed in the post but nothing is working. I have installs of EE 2.1.3 set up the exact same way (subdomains of our main domain) on the same server and the file upload system works just fine.

I created a basic file upload page as noted in the post above and the Array came back as follows. The Temp directory tmp is writeable.
    Array ( [userfile] => Array ( [name] => avatar_1.jpg [type] => image/jpeg [tmp_name] => /tmp/phpUWa6pU [error] => 0 [size] => 6168 ) )

When I click on Content > Files > File Manager I can see a list of the files in our upload directory. If I upload files to the directory via FTP I can sync them correctly. All file thumbnails are created just fine and EE returns no errors.

Clicking the Upload File button doesn’t do anything other than reload the page.
    I don’t have an htaccess file for this install
    Site is installed as a subdomain

A few PHP INI items I thought might help
    file_uploads On
    max_execution_time 300 90
    max_file_uploads 20 20
    max_input_nesting_level 64 64
    max_input_time 60 60
    memory_limit 256M 256M
    upload_max_filesize 10M 10M
    upload_tmp_dir no value no value

Not sure where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• #2 / Sep 27, 2011 7:37pm

khowe

12 posts

Okay, I kept digging and found the hot fix here: https://support.ellislab.com/bugs/detail/16322

Thanks.

• #3 / Sep 28, 2011 8:31am

Sue Crocker

26054 posts

Yes, that is a known bug with EE 2.2.2. It’ll be fixed with the next release. Feel free to start a new thread if you have any more questions.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases