ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

EE 2.1.3 to 2.2.0: Error Number: 1054 Unknown column 'can_access_fieldtypes' in 'field list'

June 22, 2011 3:46pm

Subscribe [10]
  • #1 / Jun 22, 2011 3:46pm

Jeremy Bise

77 posts

Hi—

Just upgraded to 2.2 for a project in development.  Everything seemed to go fine with the upgrade, however I just went to update the preferences on a Member Group and received the following:

A Database Error Occurred
    Error Number: 1054

Unknown column ‘can_access_fieldtypes’ in ‘field list’

UPDATE `exp_member_groups` SET `group_title` = ‘Staff’, `group_description` = ‘’, `is_locked` = ‘y’, `site_id` = ‘1’, `can_view_online_system` = ‘y’, `can_view_offline_system` = ‘n’, `can_view_profiles` = ‘y’, `can_email_from_profile` = ‘n’, `can_edit_html_buttons` = ‘n’, `include_in_authorlist` = ‘n’, `include_in_memberlist` = ‘n’, `include_in_mailinglists` = ‘n’, `can_delete_self` = ‘n’, `mbr_delete_notify_emails` = ‘jeremy.bise@gmail.com’, `can_post_comments` = ‘y’, `exclude_from_moderation` = ‘n’, `can_search` = ‘y’, `search_flood_control` = ‘15’, `can_send_private_messages` = ‘n’, `prv_msg_send_limit` = ‘20’, `prv_msg_storage_limit` = ‘60’, `can_attach_in_private_messages` = ‘n’, `can_send_bulletins` = ‘n’, `can_access_cp` = ‘y’, `can_access_content` = ‘y’, `can_access_publish` = ‘y’, `can_access_edit` = ‘y’, `can_access_files` = ‘y’, `can_access_design` = ‘n’, `can_access_addons` = ‘y’, `can_access_modules` = ‘y’, `can_access_extensions` = ‘n’, `can_access_accessories` = ‘n’, `can_access_plugins` = ‘n’, `can_access_fieldtypes` = ‘n’, `can_access_members` = ‘n’, `can_access_admin` = ‘n’, `can_access_sys_prefs` = ‘n’, `can_access_content_prefs` = ‘n’, `can_access_tools` = ‘n’, `can_access_comm` = ‘n’, `can_access_utilities` = ‘n’, `can_access_data` = ‘n’, `can_access_logs` = ‘n’, `can_admin_channels` = ‘n’, `can_admin_upload_prefs` = ‘n’, `can_admin_templates` = ‘n’, `can_admin_design` = ‘n’, `can_admin_members` = ‘n’, `can_admin_mbr_groups` = ‘n’, `can_admin_mbr_templates` = ‘n’, `can_delete_members` = ‘n’, `can_ban_users` = ‘n’, `can_admin_modules` = ‘n’, `can_send_email` = ‘n’, `can_email_member_groups` = ‘n’, `can_email_mailinglist` = ‘n’, `can_send_cached_email` = ‘n’, `can_view_other_entries` = ‘y’, `can_delete_self_entries` = ‘y’, `can_edit_other_entries` = ‘y’, `can_delete_all_entries` = ‘y’, `can_assign_post_authors` = ‘y’, `can_edit_categories` = ‘y’, `can_delete_categories` = ‘y’, `can_moderate_comments` = ‘n’, `can_view_other_comments` = ‘n’, `can_edit_own_comments` = ‘n’, `can_delete_own_comments` = ‘n’, `can_edit_all_comments` = ‘n’, `can_delete_all_comments` = ‘n’ WHERE group_id = ‘6’ AND site_id = ‘1’

Filename: controllers/cp/members.php

Line Number: 2170

• #2 / Jun 22, 2011 5:59pm

Brandon Jones

5500 posts

Hi Jeremy,

It looks like that field should have been added back around EE 2.1.0. It’s possible you may have done a build update instead of a version update back then (we have since eliminated build updates for simplicity).

Run this SQL statement on your database (after backing up, of course):

ALTER TABLE `exp_member_groups` ADD `can_access_fieldtypes` char(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'n' AFTER `can_access_files`

Does that help?

• #3 / Jun 22, 2011 6:03pm

Jeremy Bise

77 posts

Well, no—this was a fresh install of 2.1.3 when I installed it a few weeks ago.

Strangely enough I had added this member group sometime around then and I was able to add it and modify some preferences just fine, so I’m assuming the column must have been there at some point. Where it went, I have no idea? I related it to upgrading to 2.2.0 in my head because that’s what I had just done prior to attempting to modify the group. 

At any rate, I just manually added the column back in and everything seems fine now. I just hope I’ve not lost any other columns to database gremlins.

I appreciate your help!

• #4 / Jun 22, 2011 6:15pm

Jeremy Bise

77 posts

In case this matters for someone else, I just looked at the exp_member_groups table for four or five 2.1.3 sites I have.  Absolutely none of them have ‘can_access_fieldtypes’ in them.  They were all fresh 2.1.3 installs for the record. And I don’t think any database gremlins I have would mess with sites I haven’t touched in months…

• #5 / Jun 22, 2011 6:45pm

Jeremy Bise

77 posts

And as my last little tidbit on this—I just looked at the system/installer/schema/mysql_schema.php for 2.1.3 out of curiosity.  In the section where you create exp_member_groups, can_access_fieldtypes is not created. Soooo—you might have a problem with some other 2.1.3 upgrading to 2.2.0 if it’s rearing its head upon upgrade.

• #6 / Jun 22, 2011 11:14pm

NAlbuquerque

20 posts

Also having this problem… started on 2.1.3 and upgraded to 2.1.4 a few months ago. I now upgraded to 2.2.0 and I’m getting the same error defined above.

• #7 / Jun 23, 2011 9:43am

Jeremy Bise

77 posts

NAlbuquerque—adding the column manually solved this for me.  Just run the line of SQL Brandon provided in the thread through phpMyAdmin or something.

• #8 / Jun 23, 2011 12:23pm

Maheradmin

22 posts

Yep, ran the SQL Query provided by Brandon and it worked. I got this error on both installs I had… one of which I had updated to 2.1.5.

• #9 / Jun 23, 2011 12:57pm

Paramore

40 posts

I had the same issue. The SQL above also fixed the problem.

• #10 / Jun 23, 2011 7:11pm

Brandon Jones

5500 posts

You’re right Jeremy, that should definitely be in the schema as well as the updater, and it’s missing from the schema. Not good, but luckily an easy fix that we’ll be on the lookout for. Anyone else still running into this error after executing the SQL above?

• #11 / Jun 23, 2011 7:23pm

Maheradmin

22 posts

The SQL fixes the problem for me.

• #12 / Jun 24, 2011 1:07pm

Brandon Jones

5500 posts

Thanks for the confirmation, Maheradmin.

• #13 / Jun 26, 2011 10:11am

Ben Sturrock

5 posts

SQL fixed the problem for me too.

• #14 / Jun 26, 2011 2:40pm

Jacob Graf

163 posts

I was also getting this error and the mySQL command worked. Was a fresh 2.1.3 install and upgraded to 2.2.0.

• #15 / Jun 26, 2011 4:12pm

Ryan Battles

63 posts

Same here, Googled “Unknown column ‘can_access_fieldtypes’ in ‘field list’” and ended up here.  Glad I did, the query fixed things for me.  I’m guessing that this is a 2.2 bug.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases