ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Beat Facebook?

October 23, 2010 12:29am

Subscribe [13]
  • #16 / Feb 04, 2011 11:29am

MatthewSchenker

58 posts

Hey,
    This subject fascinates me.  For many reasons, I’ve never been a fan of Facebook (horrid usability, encouragement of a disappearing attention span, privacy issues, and too much power concentrated in one entity).

And yet, of course, all of my clients request that their sites have Facebook links.  But I’ve actually gone out on a limb with my clients and stated my personal belief that Facebook is about to begin its decline.  I’ve got a whole list of reasons why I believe this.

I’m glad to see there are people in the design world who share my view!  Sometimes, it can feel as if Facebook is an inevitable evil.

Thanks,
    Matthew

• #17 / Feb 04, 2011 1:44pm

bmovie

619 posts

Hey,
    This subject fascinates me.  For many reasons, I’ve never been a fan of Facebook (horrid usability, encouragement of a disappearing attention span, privacy issues, and too much power concentrated in one entity).

And yet, of course, all of my clients request that their sites have Facebook links.  But I’ve actually gone out on a limb with my clients and stated my personal belief that Facebook is about to begin its decline.  I’ve got a whole list of reasons why I believe this.

I’m glad to see there are people in the design world who share my view!  Sometimes, it can feel as if Facebook is an inevitable evil.

Thanks,
    Matthew

I agree! I see a lot stupidity in facebook too, I never post anything… is unuseful to me.

I have in my mind and sketchs (well not a facebook killer) but a good idea for create a social community or wharever name call it, I think is good and focus in more rich content but well ideas gone with the wind, is hard create, Im just designer and html/css/ php beginner, I need people with more skills like ruby and rails, phython etc… and well money for start, haha so hard work.

thanks Matthew

• #18 / Feb 08, 2011 2:18pm

Dovetailer59

4 posts

I think everyone would agree that social networking will not go away, but will continue to evolve as new opportunities arise - because that’s what happens in business. Individual players have their day and then they get knocked down when something new (another business?) comes along.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases