ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Integrating MM with pre-existing site

August 31, 2010 8:35pm

Subscribe [4]
  • #1 / Aug 31, 2010 8:35pm

gagnew

3 posts

Hi,

We have a somewhat large client site currently built with php. There are a handful of pages (10 maybe) that we want to tie into a cms so the client can update those pages directly without our assistance. Before we make the purchase can someone please answer the following:

We want to avoid having to import the entire site into a cms in order to get cms functionality on a handful of pages. Can we use our existing php pages for all the static pages within the site (effectively leave them as is), and employ MM for the few that require dynamic editing? Or does the entire site have to be under the control of MM?

Thanks.

• #2 / Sep 01, 2010 9:18am

Dan Horrigan

342 posts

Hi gagnew,

Welcome to the forums.  MojoMotor can definitely handle what you are proposing without any issue.  You would just need to import only the pages you want MM to control.  Your current static pages would be accessible as normal, you would just place them in the web root as you normally would.

I am going to writing up a sort of how-to on doing this today.  I will post the link here as soon as it is complete.

Thanks,
    Dan

• #3 / Sep 01, 2010 1:08pm

gagnew

3 posts

Thanks Dan. I look forward to reading your write-up.

• #4 / Sep 01, 2010 5:50pm

Sue Crocker

26054 posts

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases