ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Links aren't formatting properly with parenthesis and percentage signs.

February 02, 2008 9:11pm

Subscribe [3]
  • #16 / Nov 30, 2009 8:09pm

Derek Jones

7561 posts

Yes, that’s a handy pattern for automatically parsing URLs from strings.  But our reason for not including parenthesis is not because we are not sharp enough to figure out the regex pattern.

• #17 / Nov 30, 2009 8:15pm

Michael Rog

179 posts

That was not my implication at all; Yall are the sharpest bunch I know! I just happened to come across John’s post and still had this discussion on my mind.

(although… looking at posts #1 and #7 in this thread, EE does seem exclude the trailing paren from the URL… I’m assuming URL recognition happens prior to character filtering.)

• #18 / Dec 01, 2009 3:59pm

Ingmar

29245 posts

So, any unresolved Tech Support business there? Are we OK to mark that one as “Resolved” for now?

• #19 / Dec 01, 2009 4:08pm

Michael Rog

179 posts

No, no tech support issues here. (At this point, this is more of a feature request, but it seems to be something yall have considered / are considering already.)

• #20 / Dec 01, 2009 4:10pm

Ingmar

29245 posts

Thank you. By all means, do feel free to add the appropriate Feature Request. If you need further help, simply start a new thread, please.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases