ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Can't add fields after installing new GRID type...

September 01, 2013 7:49pm

Subscribe [5]
  • #1 / Sep 01, 2013 7:49pm

swajjaws

3 posts

Getting Unable to load the requested file: col_settings_tmpl.php when I try to add any field.  I saw something in the Preview forums but I can’t read the posts.  Please advise.
    thanks

• #2 / Sep 02, 2013 12:19pm

Kevin Cupp

791 posts

Hi swajjaws,

You likely have an add-on that is manipulating package paths incorrectly. Do you still have this problem with no add-ons?

Kevin

• #3 / Sep 02, 2013 12:21pm

Klauss

33 posts

Hey Kevin, I have the same problem, i cant create New channel fields or edit them because of the same error, any help on this please ?

• #4 / Sep 02, 2013 12:53pm

swajjaws

3 posts

Hey Kevin - so after posting my message last night I was able to get Grid to work in Channel Forms by disabling some of the extra fieldtypes found in Cartthrob.  Now I’m not completely sure this is the only reason why it started working (partially) or if it is other things.  I do have field editor installed but after much testing I really don’t think that is it.  So now I am in a situation where I have a Grid in a non-control panel template with one major issue.  I can not add or remove any fields from the field group.  If I do, I need to remove the Grid field (and I think uninstall and install it again… I think) and then reenter the Grid field.  So unstable would be an understatement.  Am I to assume that Grid won’t work with Cartthrob?  And when I say won’t work, meaning won’t work if it the two things are installed as I am not using them together in anyway.

Thanks for your help.

jw

• #5 / Sep 02, 2013 12:57pm

Klauss

33 posts

what fieldtypes did you Disable, and how did you do that ? cheers

I did disable the grid fieldtype, everyhting is working good Thank you verry much !

• #6 / Sep 02, 2013 1:07pm

swajjaws

3 posts

Under Add-Ons Fieldtypes but this assumes you have Cartthrob as those are the fields I disabled (some of them).  Not really the answer.  I understand conflicts but I don’t understand why I would be having a conflict if I am not using the two things (Grid and Cartthrob) together on a template.

• #7 / Sep 02, 2013 1:47pm

Klauss

33 posts

I have Cartthrob installed, to use all his fields, just uninnstall the grid field cheers.

• #8 / Sep 02, 2013 2:00pm

Kevin Cupp

791 posts

Am I to assume that Grid won’t work with Cartthrob? And when I say won’t work, meaning won’t work if it the two things are installed as I am not using them together in anyway.

Glad you got it narrowed down. Your assumption is likely correct. It’s up to the add-on developer to fix incompatibilities with their software so I’m not sure what the status is with Cartthrob and 2.7 compatibility, but if it’s causing errors, it probably hasn’t been updated. We will of course work with add-on makers to help overcome any issues they have before release, but I don’t think we heard anything from the Cartthrob folks during developer preview. As I said, it’s likely a bug in their software with how they manage package paths. If they’re not properly removing the package paths after adding them, this kind of error can happen because another part of the code is trying to load a particular view but it can’t because it’s stuck in the context of an incorrect package path. Even if they’re not being used together, their constructors may be instantiated to gather information about them and that’s where they could be adding the package paths.

• #9 / Sep 02, 2013 2:01pm

swajjaws

3 posts

I need Grid and Cartthrob, that’s the issue 😊

• #10 / Sep 03, 2013 3:55pm

Chris Newton

440 posts

We’re working on 2.7 compatibility. I’ll check this specific issue and report back.

• #11 / Sep 03, 2013 6:26pm

Chris Newton

440 posts

We have a fix tested. We’re preparing for upload.

• #12 / Sep 09, 2013 5:12pm

eevolution

30 posts

Hi Chris

We have the same error on a development box, where can we get the fix or what is the code change?

Thanks

Tim

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases