ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Simple Commerce Walkthrough

March 05, 2012 12:21pm

Subscribe [4]
  • #16 / Jun 05, 2012 2:12pm

thefifthlion

133 posts

Dan / Shane,

Simple Commerce doesn’t register the subscription but does register the payment. Seems to be related to the bug at the link below but no one in thread has responded to my requests for assistance. One of the commenters suggests a 400 fix but doesn’t go into detail.

Can someone explain how to implement the 400 fix?

https://support.ellislab.com/bugs/detail/16607

—————
    “responding with a 400 - rather than just ignoring the payment IPN for a subscription that doesn’t exist - corrects the problem for me.  Paypal correctly re-sends the payment IPN.”

• #17 / Jun 05, 2012 3:47pm

thefifthlion

133 posts

see below

• #18 / Jun 14, 2012 11:55pm

thefifthlion

133 posts

Dan/Shane/Boyink,

I’ve isolated the problem. When I turn off the encryption option I am able to successfully pay for a subscription. When I view the non-encrypted purchase in the Simple Commerce control panel it registers not only as a purchase but also as a subscription.

I’m assuming this means the public_certificate.pem and/or private_key.pem are the issue. I’m using Terminal on the Mac to generate them via command line. I was wondering if anyone could help me troubleshoot. I’ve completed every step in the wiki but only the purchase comes through when encryption is turned on. I’ve recreated both files, uploaded to paypal and download a new Paypal cert with no improvement.

questions:
    1. Paypal builds a file named “paypal_cert_pem.txt”, do I need to rename this file to “paypal_cert.pem” for everything to work?
    2. I think I read somewhere that the Mac Terminal ssl may be out-of-date. Does this sound like a likely culprit that might be allowing the purchase but not the subscription?
    3. When creating the public certificate I was asked 7 questions. I tried to answers match the biz/merch account. Is there any chance that one of these fields is throwing off the “subscription” recognition? The reason I ask is that one of the questions asks for the “full name” of the State although the biz account lists the state as the 2 letter abbreviation.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases