We’re dropping another feature release on you, this one with some nice surprises. Grab it now and start playing or keep reading for the details.
Customizable Control Panel Menu
The ExpressionEngine v3 control panel is a marvel of responsive design and we have now engineered a way to give you the ability to add custom navigation without compromise.
We hope you’ll love our new Menu Manager. Create nested menus, assign them to member groups, view on your phone without breaking anything!
The ExpressionEngine Conference is coming to the midwest this year on October 3 & 4th. Details for attendees will be made available soon via the conference website. This year we’re lending a hand in getting the best speakers and presenters. We sent out a call for papers via our newsletter and Twitter, and the response has been great. The lineup is looking fantastic so far!
If you haven’t submitted your proposal to speak yet, there are only 10 days left to do so. And the bar has been set high
We’ve just released ExpressionEngine 3.3.4. That’s 3.3.4 not 3.4.0. The 3.4.0 release is in developer preview for a wee bit longer.
Here are the highlights:
- Security fixes in the control panel for potential SQL and XSS injection vulnerabilities. Hat tip to the dedicated folks from HackerOne who found a few more ways we could better secure our control panel! Security reports are always appreciated.
- The publish page’s file modal now searches in all the things, as long as the things are file
Just in time for the summer months, we bring you the latest, greatest, most palindromic of stability releases.
Notable changes in version 3 include:
- The file modal search box has finally found its purpose in life and has decided to become an ExpressionEngine file modal search box.
- Member group locking has been locked down and works consistently across the application.
- Entry status hex color variations are a little less colorful and a lot more valid.
The version 2 release is purely
We’ve just released ExpressionEngine 3.3.2. Here are the highlights:
- Saving entry revisions is now so automatic that we removed the “Save Revision” button.
- Member Groups took their ginko biloba and can remember the Allowed Channels for other sites when updating Member Groups on a different site.
<pre><code>blocks temporariliy only displayed
temp, they too took their ginko biloba.
- Disabled checkboxes should no longer look as enabled as enabled checkboxes do, which definitely never
Let’s get down to business: ExpressionEngine 3.3.1 is out, here’s why you should update now:
- Logging is now more verbose and will regale you with tales of users changing passwords, email addresses, member groups, and logging in as other users.
- We eliminated
some extra, duplicate, andredundant queries that were unnecessarywhen editing templates that are saved as files.
- Fixed a security bug where logged out users could be shown altered system messages. (What? It’s a security bug, we don’t
Starting today you can get CartThrob for ExpressionEngine 3 in our store. Build content-first e-commerce sites with the most flexible CMS on the planet.
When you use ExpressionEngine, you expect things to be flexible. To fit your design. To be secure. To have a great visitor experience that you have total control over. Why should you compromise those standards when you add e-commerce to your site?
CartThrob is a flexible e-commerce add-on, powered by ExpressionEngine. With the combination
ExpressionEngine is a powerful tool, perfect for skilled developers and designers to jump in and make their static website dynamic.
What about the person who just wants to put up a blog, fast?
That’s where the new default theme comes in.
The main goal with the default theme was simplicity. Something that looks good out of the box, but that wasn’t over designed or hard to change. The default theme had to be a starting point.
Towards this goal we made the design and structure
This release represents one of the most productive releases by our team to date, and with it comes a bunch of new features. If you just want to download and get started right away, head on over and download it now. If you’d like to see what’s new, keep reading.
James talked about these last week and we’re very excited to see what you can do with Channel Sets. In a nutshell: Channel Sets allow you to reuse the structure that makes up a (group of) Channel(s): Field Groups,
I’ve built a lot of sites with ExpressionEngine. I love ExpressionEngine.
One thing that’s always been a hassle when building a new site is making all the custom fields and channels from scratch. It’s repetitive. Making new channels and fields is especially repetitive when you’ve already built fifty blogs/calendars/portfolios/etc.
In ExpressionEngine 3.3, we’re introducing Channel Sets.
With Channel Sets you can export a Channel or set of Channels. Then you can import that set into a new