I looked for good PHP framework. Google “said”, that CI is very good documented so I decided to try it. Since three days I try to find basics info like layouts with dynamic partials.
1. No info in main user guide. Some words about multiple views but I still don’t know how to load dynamic data to header, footer, etc.
2. Wiki - no FAQ on home page of Wiki, why?. I found it only by google (http://codeigniter.com/wiki/FAQ/)...
3. ...this FAQ says now “Version 1.6 (Released January 31, 2008) has support for multiple views.” So I see that rest of section is “old school” (depraced?). Ok, but go back to point 1.
4. Some examples in forum says “$page = $this->load->view(“default/header.php”, null, true);” but no info in user guide what is ‘true’ parameter.
5. I found “layout library” but still can’t understand how to use it with more partials like header, footer, navigations…
I’m really annoyed, can’t start because I can’t see actual orderly FAQ to 1.6.3 and good documented basics like layouts with dynamical partials. I don’t want to waste time for reading of hundreds posts in forum to find best practices. Most of them are not actual I belive. So, I suggest to put official info in user guide or FAQ, how to use it in CI. I’m beginner PHP programmer, maybe advanced users only can use CI?