In the past I wrote all my own classes and functions. The I found CI, and while it’s been useful, I’ve still been using my old mentality of doing it all myself.
I’ve seen so many references to what sound like great user contributions, but have had little time to try them all out. Now I’ve got a quick project that has a very small budget. It’s for a local non-profit, and I’d like to try out using the great work others have done instead of re-inventing the wheel once again.
What I need to do is create a site that has a public front end, and an admin section with different levels of authentication. The site needs to have the following:
1. Update-able news and information (blog style perhaps)
2. An easily update-able calender
3. A nice clean gallery section for their annual events, easily update-able of course
4. Easy to use category management would be nice.
5. User authorization with multiple levels of authorization.
Any recommendations for existing libraries, etc. would be appreciated. I want to see how fast I can put this together since it’s going to be a break even deal, at best.
Thanks in advance!