Fairly new to CodeIgniter and Ion Auth, brand new to the forum
I’ve been working on a site for a couple of weeks now but after creating a new user, I’ve not been able to log in with that email address/password.
There are no error messages displayed, the page just keeps refreshing every 0.5 second or so after clicking ‘Login’ and just keeps refreshing constantly like this until I kill the page.
I have to actually restart the PC to be able to log in again as admin.
Shutting browser, restarting Xampp makes no difference.
I’ve just set up a new site on localhost using Xampp and have just added ion_auth to the codeigniter structure. Thinking I’ve gone wrong somewhere in my previous code I’ve been very careful to note the steps I’ve taken so far…
1. Added 'ion_auth' to config/autoload libraries
2. Added username, password and database to config/database
3. Added encryption key to config/config
4. Changed base_url to 'http://localhost/windfarm/' in config/config
5. Deleted welcome_message from views
6. Changed default_controller from welcome to 'auth' in config/routes
7. Imported ion_auth.sql into phpmyadmin on the windfarm table
This is ALL I’ve done since adding ion_auth to a new CI download. I’ve changed nothing but when clicking Login with my newly registered user (which I created when logged in fine as admin), it still just keeps refreshing the page.
I have tried looking through this forum, and googling but have not yet seen anyone with the same problem.
Is anyone able to offer a suggestion where I’m going wrong so soon??
EDIT: newly created user gets added to DB no problem