I’m the ‘SuperAdmin’ of a website and keep getting a 403 Forbidden Error when trying to install and uninstall modules, updating seems fine.
This is fairly recent, though I can’t say specifically when it happen. We recently moved from a Shared Hosting Pro (SP) account at EngineHosting to a Virtual Server Cluster, less than a month ago. This is when I primarily noticed it. Before that our last Module installation was either Tag 4 or CartThrob 0.9516 which was before Christmas. We just don’t install modules that frequently.
I’ve done the following:
• tested .htaccess, including totally removing it from the equation;
• upgraded the site from 1.7.1 to the latest build of 1.7.2;
• upgraded, disabled, and deleted numerous extensions;
• tested the site with all extensions disabled, by setting: $conf[‘allow_extensions’] = “y”; to “n”;
• adjusted permissions on path.php, config.php from 666 to 777
At this point I’m out of ideas of what could be the problem, and urgently need to install a new module for the client to complete a project that’s due next week.