I have almost wasted 150$ worth of my time in implementing uploadify with CI, it just doesn’t work. Here is my use case which I will be addressing with plain old JS
* Let user create a gallery with dimensions for thumbnails using a simple form
* Allow user to upload images in that same form
* On form submit, create a gallery entry in db, if failed inform user
* If prev step passes, create a sub folder for that gallery in a designated folder, in this gallery folder create thumbs folder
* Create thumbs out of original and place thumbs in thumbs dir and original in respective gallery folder
* Update db with every upload.
* All this has to be portable, and should take into account upload restrictions on a server and php settings
But still keeping track of this thread.