So a couple things I figured out for all you other newbies.
1) A default non-wamp install of apache does not recognize .htaccess files which are required for most CI demos to remove the index.php. Editing of the httpd.conf file is required.
2) urls to access the twiggy views in the demo app are:
3) Actual twiggy logic for demo is found in:
4) Forget about CI views with Twiggy. Twiggy templates = CI views.
It seems this thread isn’t all that active any more, but just to clarify a bit on these points..
1) Whether .htaccess works or not has nothing to do with WAMP or LAMP, it relies on an Apache specific setting. If your (L/W)AMP stack is not obeying rules set in your .htaccess file, check the AllowOverride directive in your Apache configuration.
3) This is not because of Twiggy, but rather because the example in question uses Wiredesignz’s HMVC modification, you’ll see his files in the /application/third_party/MX/ folder.
4) Don’t forget about default CI Views, Twiggy templates != CI Views. As stated in the Twiggy readme file, it doesn’t replace the default methods, so you can still use them side by side without any problems. For example, for maintenance pages, “still under construction” pages or (if you use them) landing pages.
Hope that helps clarify things a little bit… And of course, happy Twigging.