EllisLab text mark
Advanced Search

403 on application/views/welcome_message.php and application/controllers/welcome.php
Posted: 29 May 2011 03:20 PM
2 posts

New installation—and the “Welcome to CodeIgniter!” page gives me links to welcome_message.php and application/controllers/welcome.php.

BUT .... I get 403 (access forbidden) errors trying to access these pages.

In my file manager, I found security was 644 - so I changed to 755 - but still no luck!

NB:  Not sure if CodeIgnite is the package I’m looking for, but being totally unable to access the pages I’m supposed to change isn’t a good omen.

Any thoughts anyone?

Posted: 29 May 2011 09:58 PM   [ # 1 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
6707 posts

And what operating system is this running on?

Also this has nothing to do with CodeIgniter it is a server error you have something set wrong in the server!

Make sure that you did set the base_url correct in application/config/config.php

InsiteFX

Signature 

Certified State of CT Computer Programming Teacher.
Custom Designed Icons, eBook Covers Software Boxes. CD, DVD Etc. New iPhone® Tab Bar Icons and iPhone® Applications Icons.

STOP! Before posting your questions, remember the WWW Golden rule:
What did you try? What did you get? What did you expect to get?

Input -> Controller | Processing -> Model | Output -> View

Posted: 29 May 2011 11:31 PM   [ # 2 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
2 posts

Hi,

The installation was on a Linux server, using Installatron from cPanel.

In other words, the installation was automated (once having chosen a directory to install into) and everything should afterwards just “work”.  Apparently not.

Should the files in the application/views/ and application/controllers/ directories have authority 644?  Or 755?

Many thanks…

Posted: 30 May 2011 01:53 AM   [ # 3 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
6707 posts

Ok!

1) check your CI index.php file the system and application paths must be set to were CI is installed.
2) Make sure your application/config/config.php base_url is pointing to the right path, you tell this by
  going to your web site and copy the url for the base_url.

Index.php should be set to 644

You only need 755 if you need to write to the files.

InsiteFX

Signature 

Certified State of CT Computer Programming Teacher.
Custom Designed Icons, eBook Covers Software Boxes. CD, DVD Etc. New iPhone® Tab Bar Icons and iPhone® Applications Icons.

STOP! Before posting your questions, remember the WWW Golden rule:
What did you try? What did you get? What did you expect to get?

Input -> Controller | Processing -> Model | Output -> View