CUBRID Books? No, I haven’t heard of any CUBRID books so far. But they have:
- CUBRID Manual http://www.cubrid.org/manual
- CUBRID PHP Manual http://php.net/manual/en/book.cubrid.php
- CUBRID PDO Manual http://php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo-cubrid.php
All that we need.
I looked at the /databases/mysql directory and have estimated the approximate time to completed. I suppose in a week or two we can finish porting. Not many changes are necessary. The ones we definitely need to change/handle are the function which handle:
- database creation
- character set
1. At this moment, it is not possible to create a database through CUBRID PHP Driver. So, normally, users have to pre-create their database, then run their PHP script to populate the database. I don’t think this is a problem, though.
2. There are no character sets in CUBRID. So, we can ignore those functions (or do something else). I will see when I look deeper.
Like I told you before, I will arrive on August 1st. If you manage to port the MySQL driver classes to CUBRID, I will come and check, and perform tests. Otherwise, I will join you and help you finish the porting.
By the way, if you happen to attend CUBRID it! programming contest (http://www.cubrid.org/cubrid_it), soon they are going to launch a new contest which will be related to web applications porting/development or something of this sort. So, we may also apply for the event. I don’t know the details, though.
And, my skype is kadishmal. We can also talk there.