EllisLab text mark
Advanced Search

Barcodes
Posted: 02 September 2010 01:04 PM
17 posts

Regards,

i would like to know if there are a way, either a helper or a code that someone has previous implemented, that help me create a barcode image from a varchar.

thanks in advance

—-
Ing. Jason Acuña

Signature 

—-
Ing.Jason Acuna

Posted: 02 September 2010 01:48 PM   [ # 1 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
967 posts

http://tinyurl.com/22khfxu

Signature 

Google Analytics HOWTO | Enable GET | Netbeans PHP Integration

Posted: 02 September 2010 01:55 PM   [ # 2 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
17 posts
bretticus - 02 September 2010 05:48 PM

http://tinyurl.com/22khfxu

Does anyone with real knowledge has a good answer?

Signature 

—-
Ing.Jason Acuna

Posted: 02 September 2010 02:27 PM   [ # 3 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
113 posts

Add Zend Framework to CI.

Than it is as easy as:

function barcode()
{
  $this
->load->library('zend');

$this->zend->load('Zend/Barcode');

Zend_Barcode::render('code39''image', array('text' => 'CodeIgniter Rocks'), array());
 Signature 

EVERY TIME YOU ASK ABOUT CODEIGNITER 2.0… PHIL STURGEON KILLS A KITTEN

Posted: 02 September 2010 02:37 PM   [ # 4 ]   [ Rating: 1 ]
17 posts
tobben - 02 September 2010 06:27 PM

Add Zend Framework to CI.

Than it is as easy as:

function barcode()
{
  $this
->load->library('zend');

$this->zend->load('Zend/Barcode');

Zend_Barcode::render('code39''image', array('text' => 'CodeIgniter Rocks'), array());

Hi, thanks for your quick and great answer, but where do i found this library ‘ZEND’ do i have to download the whole zend framework in order to do this, or is a url where i can download it.?

Signature 

—-
Ing.Jason Acuna

Posted: 02 September 2010 03:26 PM   [ # 5 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
967 posts
tatewaky - 02 September 2010 06:37 PM

Hi, thanks for your quick and great answer, but where do i found this library ‘ZEND’ do i have to download the whole zend framework in order to do this, or is a url where i can download it.?

Yes, I know I’m being a huge jerk, but have you heard of a well-known website called Google? Seriously, I was just doing this yesterday for the Zend FW Youtube API code. It was an easy google. smile

Hopefully, to redeem my jerkish behaviour…

No, you do not have to use the entire framework, but you might have to download it to get the base classes and barcode class.

Here’s a guide on how to implement it inside CodeIgniter.

No, I did not know ZF had a barcode library. Good to know.

Signature 

Posted: 02 September 2010 04:12 PM   [ # 6 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
17 posts
bretticus - 02 September 2010 07:26 PM

Yes, I know I’m being a huge jerk, but have you heard of a well-known website called Google? Seriously, I was just doing this yesterday for the Zend FW Youtube API code. It was an easy google. smile

No, you do not have to use the entire framework, but you might have to download it to get the base classes and barcode class.

Here’s a guide on how to implement it inside CodeIgniter.

No, I did not know ZF had a barcode library. Good to know.

Nice, great help and great attitude, i appreciate your comments, im going to test it and iĺl give you me feedback

Signature 

—-
Ing.Jason Acuna

Posted: 25 April 2012 05:01 AM   [ # 7 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
9 posts
bretticus - 02 September 2010 03:26 PM

You are such a pain in a**. Don’t show your attitude here, people use forums for help, not to see you bullshit.

Posted: 25 April 2012 05:37 AM   [ # 8 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
244 posts
zee - 25 April 2012 05:01 AM

You are such a pain in a**. Don’t show your attitude here, people use forums for help, not to see you bullshit.

How was that being jerkish, he directed him to google where hundreds of similiar questions have already been answered.

Posted: 25 April 2012 07:27 AM   [ # 9 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
6707 posts

Who’s the jerk? You replied to a forum topic that is 2 years old!

Signature 

Certified State of CT Computer Programming Teacher.
Custom Designed Icons, eBook Covers Software Boxes. CD, DVD Etc. New iPhone® Tab Bar Icons and iPhone® Applications Icons.

STOP! Before posting your questions, remember the WWW Golden rule:
What did you try? What did you get? What did you expect to get?

Input -> Controller | Processing -> Model | Output -> View

Posted: 26 April 2012 04:50 PM   [ # 10 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
967 posts
zee - 25 April 2012 05:01 AM

ROTFLMAO!!!!

That is so funny. This is one reason I quit contributing to the forums. I mean, in addition to the time that I didn’t have, that I was spending, I was getting fed up at a point where people were asking the “How do I fly to the moon” questions too often without doing a simple search and asking, “How do I build a rocket with sufficient power to overcome earth’s gravity…?”

I was getting a bit pithy in other words. smile Thanks for calling me on it, even though, as @InsiteFX states, the thread is almost 2 years old.

If you look through my other threads you’ll find that I went above and beyond to help a lot of people (most of the time.)

Cheers!

Signature 

Posted: 26 April 2012 04:59 PM   [ # 11 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
967 posts

Oh, and in case you were looking for ways to print out barcodes, I was recently working with the following library for QR barcodes:

http://phpqrcode.sourceforge.net/

My controller method looks something like this (to possibly help you incorporate the lib in CI:)

/**
     * @todo Lookup voucher in database
     */

public function voucherqrcodes() {    
        $voucher_id 
$this->uri->segment(3);

// strip the file extension

$voucher_id str_replace(strrchr($voucher_id'.'), ''$voucher_id);

$full_path $this->config->item('deal_path_to_qrcodes') . '/' $voucher_id '.png';

if (!
file_exists($full_path)) 

// include all files neccessary for outputing QR codes.

include APPPATH 'libraries/phpqrcode/qrlib.php';

// save file and show image

QRcode::png('http://www.mysite.com?voucher=' $voucher_id$full_path'L'42);         

}

header
('Content-Type: image/png');

// show image

readfile($full_path);

Signature 

Posted: 17 October 2013 02:47 AM   [ # 12 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
1 posts

If this can not work, you can go to a professional barcode site to find the suitable barcode library.