EllisLab text mark
Advanced Search

Site Error: Unable to Load Site Preferences; No Preferences Found
Posted: 10 July 2010 04:05 AM
12 posts

http://madewithbacon.com/
EE 1.6.7

I don’t know when this started happening, but I can’t access the homepage nor the admin side of this site. I checked database name, server, password, user and everything seems to be correct.

Anybody know why this would happen?

-m

Posted: 10 July 2010 02:54 PM   [ # 1 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
3997 posts

Hi michiko23,

I don’t see any error at all, just a blank screen. This suggests that there is a PHP error. Can you please edit the index.php file and change:

error_reporting(0); 

to this:

error_reporting(E_ALL); 

That should show us whether there are any PHP errors on the front end of the site.

Cheers

Greg

Signature 

Purple Dogfish | Member of EE Pro Network | Follow me on Twitter

Posted: 10 July 2010 03:22 PM   [ # 2 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
12 posts

Hey Greg,
Thanks for getting back to me. I was working on the problem this morning. That’s why you didn’t see the error message.

What I did figure out is, for some reason, the exp_sites table was completely empty in the database. I don’t know why that would have happened. Fortunately, I had a back up from a long time ago and I was able to insert the data and now it’s working fine. How it disappeared in the first place, I don’t know. This is site is on Super Green Hosting which is probably a part of the problem.

Thanks for your reply.

-m

Posted: 10 July 2010 04:59 PM   [ # 3 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
3997 posts

Hi michiko23,

Okay, glad that you’re up and running. Please post back if you have further problems or questions.

Cheers

Greg

Signature 

Purple Dogfish | Member of EE Pro Network | Follow me on Twitter