EllisLab text mark
Advanced Search

Engine Summit - The online ExpressionEngine Summit
Posted: 08 March 2010 03:31 AM
9 posts

Hi, all,

My name is Christopher Schmitt. I’ve been a Web developer since ‘93 and the author of few web books including the CSS Cookbook.

I’m also an organizer of conferences both in-person and online events including CSS Summit and jQuery Summit. And one of the main requests we received from our community was to put on an online conference about ExpressionEngine.

I’m glad to say that as a part of our CMS Days (http://cmsdays.com/), we are hosting the Engine Summit—a one-day, no travel-hassle online conference about ExpressionEngine on March 30th, 2010.

Please check out the line-up at http://enginesummit.com. We should be posting abstracts/sessions of our speakers’ talks this week.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Christopher Schmitt
http://www.christopherschmitt.com/

Posted: 22 March 2010 11:10 AM   [ # 1 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
376 posts

Are there any plans to release downloadable versions of the presentations?

I’m in the UK, so the time is not very convenient and I have a very poor connection, with speeds that only just qualify as broadband.

Signature 

pfweb.co.uk

Posted: 25 March 2010 01:41 AM   [ # 2 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
9 posts
Paul Frost (orienteer) - 22 March 2010 03:10 PM

Are there any plans to release downloadable versions of the presentations?

I’m in the UK, so the time is not very convenient and I have a very poor connection, with speeds that only just qualify as broadband.

Hi, Paul,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you—I wanted to check with our new online conferencing system on recording videos. (Our previous system was somewhat remiss in this area.)

Happy to report that we can record videos of the presentation better than our previous system and, yes, that we are planning to record the presentations.

There are no current plans to release presentations publicly, only to those who have paid for Engine Summit. However, we aim to deliver the best day-of event as possible, so videos aren’t our primary focus for doing online Summits—but we are happy to provide them to attendees if we have them!

If you have any other questions in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Best,
Christopher Schmitt

Posted: 25 March 2010 10:42 AM   [ # 3 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
59 posts

+1 for this. I also live in the UK and would be interested in buying a ticket if the videos can be watched at a more convenient time.

Many thanks,
Jordan

Posted: 27 March 2010 09:34 PM   [ # 4 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
9 posts

Jordan,

Glad you are interested in the Engine Summit!

We have done tech checks with most of the EE speakers this weekend and we can’t wait for Tuesday.

I released 10 discounts to the Engine Summit for the weekend for $25 off the regular price.

Just use the discount code “EEWEEKEND” or use this discount code link.

Best,
Christopher Schmitt