I’ve written an extension inspired by Derek Jones’ Simplify Edit Table extension. It also uses the wonderful jQuery tablesorter plugin, found here.
- Add dynamic table sorting to the table by clicking on the column heading
- Hold shift and select multiple column headings to do perform multiple sorts
- Hide the search form above the entries table
- Create a custom “results per page” select in the search form above the entries table
The only data sorted is what is actually on the page. If there is any pagination of entries, not all of the entries will be included in the sort. To mitigate this problem, select 150 results in the search form and hit search.
Features to come:
- Live text search
- Removed feature to hide columns in edit table. The Seesaw extension does an exceptional job of performing this task and can be used in tandom with Edit table Plus. http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/139168/
- Added new settings form with better group of settings
- Added the ability to hide the search form
- Added the ability to hide only the results select within the search form
- Added the ability to set all of the options to appear in the results select. An additional option of “Show All” is automatically added as an option.
- Added the ability to set a default number of entries to be shown per page. If you want to set a fixed number of entries per page that cannot be changed,
set your number here and hide the results select.
- Add-on is now multi-language friendly
- Fixed bug that rendered a rogue new line break on the edit page
- Added the ability to hide the entry id column
- Added the ability to set the default column to sort by
- Added the ability to define how to sort the default column
Let me know if you have any problems or suggestions.