EllisLab text mark
Advanced Search
32 of 33

Tank Auth v1.0 (CI authentication library)
Posted: 01 May 2012 12:37 AM   [ # 471 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
6 posts

Hey all,

I’m just wondering how I can go about having Tank Auth on my “homepage”, yet not have to have my domain name automatically bring me to http://www.mydomainname.com/auth/login. I want the login page to be on my homepage and the url to be just plain old http://www.mydomainname.com

What am I missing?

P.S.
I’m relatively new to CI and TA. smile

Posted: 09 May 2012 12:21 PM   [ # 472 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
1 posts

How to create avatar profile with tank auth?

Posted: 30 May 2012 09:50 AM   [ # 473 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
16 posts

Is tank auth compatible with CI 2.1 develop (planned 3.0) and csrf enabled?

Posted: 30 May 2012 12:56 PM   [ # 474 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
4325 posts

According to their git commit messages, yes.
https://github.com/ilkon/Tank-Auth

It doesn’t mention CSRF specifically, but it should work if it works with CI 2+

Signature 

Posted: 31 August 2012 08:21 PM   [ # 475 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
5 posts

I wrote up a (very) brief post about how to convert TankAuth so it can use PostgreSQL.

Mostly it’s converting the SQL script…

Anyway, it works for me. Note you NEED to put a database prefix in your config to use the PostgreSQL schema feature.

http://olivecodex.blogspot.com/2012/09/codeigniter-web-app-authentication-with.html

Posted: 16 September 2012 09:03 AM   [ # 476 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
3 posts

Hi guys,

I’m new here so <?php echo ‘hello world’; ?> to begin with.

I’m just starting with CI & Tank Auth. I managed to get both working (you’ll tell me it’s not hard but heh!) but I get one issue without any answer from google. This library is cool but I wanted to integrate auth pages with my template so in the controller auth.php I’ve changed this:

(line95)

$this->load->view(‘auth/login_form’, $data);

to this:

$data[‘title’]=‘Login Page’;
$data[‘main_content’]=’./auth/login_form’;
$this->load->view(‘template’, $data);

And then I send it to my view file template.php wich contains my html layout and some php includes as it:

<header>
<?php $this->load->view('includes/header');?>
</header>
<
aside>
<?php $this->load->view('includes/aside');?>
</aside>
<
div role="main"><?php $this->load->view($main_content);?></div>
<
footer>
<?php $this->load->view('includes/footer');?>
</footer

I’ve updated .htaccess to rewrite the index.php thing with this:

RewriteBase /project/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond 
%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule 
^(.*)$ /project/index.php/$1 [L] 

It works perfectly with my custom controllers but when it comes to tank auth it pops up index.php from a magic bag. So what the… ahum, how could it be? Instead of getting clear URI with i.e http://localhost/project/auth/login I get http://localhost/project/index.php/auth/login. Grrrr! Does anyone have an idea on this?

Also (this is bonus part) I’m thinking of putting up some quick login forms on each pages and I seriously don’t understand how to manage it with tank auth. I thought that I would’nt be alone wanting to do this but google didn’t gave me anything. Is someone out there made up a tutorial to integrate tank auth in custom pages?

Thanks guys,
Jinsa.

Posted: 16 September 2012 12:58 PM   [ # 477 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
1432 posts
Jinsa - 16 September 2012 09:03 AM

Hi guys,

I’m new here so <?php echo ‘hello world’; ?> to begin with.

I’m just starting with CI & Tank Auth. I managed to get both working (you’ll tell me it’s not hard but heh!) but I get one issue without any answer from google. This library is cool but I wanted to integrate auth pages with my template so in the controller auth.php I’ve changed this:

(line95)

$this->load->view(‘auth/login_form’, $data);

to this:

$data[‘title’]=‘Login Page’;
$data[‘main_content’]=’./auth/login_form’;
$this->load->view(‘template’, $data);

And then I send it to my view file template.php wich contains my html layout and some php includes as it:

<header>
<?php $this->load->view('includes/header');?>
</header>
<
aside>
<?php $this->load->view('includes/aside');?>
</aside>
<
div role="main"><?php $this->load->view($main_content);?></div>
<
footer>
<?php $this->load->view('includes/footer');?>
</footer

I’ve updated .htaccess to rewrite the index.php thing with this:

RewriteBase /project/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond 
%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule 
^(.*)$ /project/index.php/$1 [L] 

It works perfectly with my custom controllers but when it comes to tank auth it pops up index.php from a magic bag. So what the… ahum, how could it be? Instead of getting clear URI with i.e http://localhost/project/auth/login I get http://localhost/project/index.php/auth/login. Grrrr! Does anyone have an idea on this?

Also (this is bonus part) I’m thinking of putting up some quick login forms on each pages and I seriously don’t understand how to manage it with tank auth. I thought that I would’nt be alone wanting to do this but google didn’t gave me anything. Is someone out there made up a tutorial to integrate tank auth in custom pages?

Thanks guys,
Jinsa.

I’m just curious why you chose Tank Auth? The last commit was over a year ago, so it would seem the project is dead, no?

Signature 

Brian
Brian’s Web Design - Temecula
Community Auth - CodeIgniter Authentication Application

Posted: 16 September 2012 01:24 PM   [ # 478 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
3 posts
skunkbad - 16 September 2012 12:58 PM

I’m just curious why you chose Tank Auth? The last commit was over a year ago, so it would seem the project is dead, no?

I’ve chose it because it seemed to me it was the best identification library but maybe I’m wrong. Is there something better for my needs?

Posted: 16 September 2012 06:16 PM   [ # 479 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
1432 posts
Jinsa - 16 September 2012 01:24 PM
skunkbad - 16 September 2012 12:58 PM

I’ve chose it because it seemed to me it was the best identification library but maybe I’m wrong. Is there something better for my needs?

I only use Communiy Auth, but I’m sure Ion Auth is up to date. Theres a blog post in the last few days with one called flexi auth.

Signature 

Brian
Brian’s Web Design - Temecula
Community Auth - CodeIgniter Authentication Application

Posted: 17 September 2012 07:38 AM   [ # 480 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
3 posts

Hi again,

I finally succeeded in integrating tank auth in my app. I’ve updated each $this->load->view adding my template and in config.php I’ve just droped the “index.php” to prevent tank auth forcing it.

Finally the only thing I don’t know how to do would be to have a quick login form on each pages. Anyone made it?

Concerning flexi auth I’m just not prepared for that, I prefer DB login.

Thanks,
Jinsa.

Posted: 17 September 2012 03:21 PM   [ # 481 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
220 posts

To make a login form on every page, just either include the login view as well, or copy that form. Tank Auth is dependent on the name of the fields - so just make sure there are no collisions. I alter this once to have login and registration on the same page, and noticed there that they look at the same field names. Had to edit some of the library to fix that.

edit: if you want them to stay on the page, or return to the page they were on after logging in, you would need to do a bit more work. I think if I remember right, that it has them go to index.php after logging in.

Posted: 13 December 2012 05:17 PM   [ # 482 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
6 posts

Hello,

I’ve just started my CI and TA journey… altho i’m having lots of error messages, whenever i logout or activate acount. Here are the errors i get:

Undefined indexsession_id
Undefined index
ip_address
Undefined index
user_agent
Undefined index
last_activity
Undefined index
session_id
Undefined index
last_activity
Filename
libraries/Session.php lines 288-289 

There are few more errors:

Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at /projekt/system/core/Exceptions.php:185)
libraries/Session.php
Line Number
and same thing but inside
Filenamehelpers/url_helper.php
Line Number

Posted: 15 December 2012 09:57 AM   [ # 483 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
1 posts

i got problem in setting the reCapcha it tank auth when i try to change it theme color, the recapcha image now is showing on the top of the form.

this is the code i edit
auth.php

function _create_recaptcha()

{
  $this
->load->helper('recaptcha');

// Add custom theme so we can get only image

$options "[removed]var RecaptchaOptions = {theme: 'red', custom_theme_widget: 'recaptcha_widget'};[removed]\n";

// Get reCAPTCHA JS and non-JS HTML

$html recaptcha_get_html($this->config->item('recaptcha_public_key''tank_auth'));

return 
$options.$html;

changing the theme from custom to red.

now the recapcha is showing above the form.

could someone can help me about this?

I will appreciate for any help will come, thank you.

BTW sorry for my bad english

Posted: 18 December 2013 09:50 AM   [ # 484 ]   [ Rating: 0 ]
1 posts

[redacted]

32 of 33