I’d like to introduce a new authentication library for CI, based on DX Auth.
The original DX Auth is pretty good, althouth it’s not as convenient to use as it could be. Also it has some leaks in security, what is proved by this test: What Code Igniter authentication library is best?. Those were the reasons to make it better.
There are some keypoints of the new lib:
* Very compact (less than 20 files and 4 DB-tables)
* Using phpass library for password hashing (instead of unsafe md5).
* Login using username, email address or both (depending on config settings).
* Registration is instant or after activation by email (optional).
* Forgot password (letting users pick a new password upon reactivation).
* Change password or email for registered users.
* CAPTCHA support (native and reCAPTCHA are available).
and many more…
Here is the link to detailed descripton with installation guide.
And this is a link to the zip-file.