A Fully Baked PHP Framework
CodeIgniter is a proven, agile & open PHP web application framework with a small footprint. It is powering the next generation of web apps.
What is CodeIgniter?
CodeIgniter is a powerful PHP framework with a very small footprint, built for PHP coders who need a simple and elegant toolkit to create full-featured web applications. If you're a developer who lives in the real world of shared hosting accounts and clients with deadlines, and if you're tired of ponderously large and thoroughly undocumented frameworks, then CodeIgniter might be a good fit.
CodeIgniter Is Right for You if…
- You want a framework with a small footprint.
- You need exceptional performance.
- You need clear, thorough documentation.
- You are not interested in large-scale monolithic libraries.
- You need broad compatibility with standard hosting.
- You prefer nearly zero configuration.
- You don't want to adhere to restrictive coding rules.
- You don't want to learn another template language.
- You prefer simple solutions to complexity.
- You want to spend more time away from the computer.